How to Activate Facebook Dating on your Device
Quick Tips about Facebook’s online dating service.
What You Should Know In the upper-right corner, tap the hamburger menu icon, then Dating. To build a profile, obey the on-screen instructions.
To change your Facebook Dating settings, go to the gear icon and then to General. Set match criteria, connect your Instagram account, and more.
Delete your dating profile on Facebook: Tap the gear icon, then select General > Delete Profile from the drop-down menu.
The Facebook dating feature incorporates the best aspects of apps like Tinder and Bumble with the most successful social media site on the planet. Here’s how to turn it on so you can start looking for matches. The details in this article refer to both the iOS and Android versions of the Facebook smartphone app.
How to Activate Facebook Dating
The Facebook dating feature is somewhat close to bumble and tinder. You won’t be able to send messages to other users until all of you have shown interest in one another. All of your Facebook friends will never be recommended by Facebook dating. (How to Make Facebook Dating Work)
- Open the Facebook app and hit the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of your feed to enter the hamburger menu.
- Select Dating.
- Set up your dating profile by following the prompts. Your dating profile will be created using information from your Facebook account after you share your location and add a picture. You can make your Facebook Dating profile more personalized by adding more details, images, and even Instagram updates. When you’re finished, tap Done.
What Is Facebook Dating and How Does It Work?
Facebook Dating is a new feature that encourages you to communicate with others on social networks to shape romantic relationships. You don’t need to create a separate dating profile because Facebook uses details from your existing profile to propose potential matches based on common interests. Others who have Facebook Dating switched on will be able to see your page.
You can’t contact other users until you both show interest in each other, which is similar to Bumble and Tinder’s dating services. Any of your new Facebook friends would not be recommended by the app. Similarly, your dating profile will be hidden from your friends who use the app. Friends, on the other hand, will add each other to their hidden crushes list, so you may end up matching with a friend who has a crush on you.
To use Facebook Dating, Facebook users must be 18 years old or older (based on their profile).
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
You must first create a Facebook account before you can use Facebook Dating. Since the dating feature is focused on your daily profile, you can fill it out as precisely as possible. The functionality is built into the Facebook smartphone app and there is no separate Facebook Dating app or Facebook Dating platform.
Facebook Dating pictures and other content do not feature on your regular Facebook profile. Facebook Dating messages are held separate from Facebook Messenger conversations. You will also see their dating profile if you become Facebook friends with someone after matching with them on Facebook Dating.
How to Use Facebook Dating
It’s not difficult to use the Facebook dating feature, and it’s really straightforward. However, you can find a few hints below.
One by one, Facebook Dating will start recommending profiles. To see your recommendations, head to the Dating section of the Facebook app at any time.
- To let the user know you like them, tap the heart on their profile, or tap the X to pass. You will begin a conversation with them if they reciprocate your feelings.
- You’ll get a message if someone else likes your account. To send a direct reply, tap the heart on their profile to like them back.
- By clicking Matches at the top of the app, you can see your suggested matches and conversations.
- Answer random questions that will help Facebook boost your match recommendations by scrolling to the bottom of your profile and tapping Answer a Question.
- At the bottom of your profile page, you can also upload photos and share Instagram posts.
How to Adjust the Facebook Dating Settings
You can change how the Facebook Dating app functions for you by changing a few parameters.
- To enter the settings, tap the gear on the display where Facebook suggests profiles.
- You will set your preferred criteria for possible matches under the Ideal Match tab. You can monitor what appears on your profile by going to the General tab.
- Tap the ellipses (…) next to Instagram to link your Instagram account.
- To post your Facebook and Instagram stories, tap Connect Stories and then one (or both) Connect icons.
Also Read: 11 Best Websites To Watch Cartoons Online For Free
Facebook Dating Secret Crushes
The secret crush feature helps you to match with your Facebook friends and Instagram followers. To do so, go to the bottom of the page and select Secret Crush from the list of suggests profiles.
Then you can pick your Facebook and Instagram friends. They’ll get a message that someone has a crush on them if they have Facebook Dating switched on, so they won’t know who it is. You’ll be paired if they add you to their secret crushes as well.
How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile
You can uninstall your Facebook Dating profile without ever removing your regular Facebook profile, but doing so would also exclude you from Facebook Dating.
To enter the settings, tap the gear on the display where Facebook suggests profiles.
Tap the General option.
Under Account, tap Uninstall Profile.
Tap Next after selecting a reason for leaving Facebook Dating.
Facebook Dating Safety
Often tell a friend where you’re going before meeting someone you met online in person. It’s also a smart idea to email or contacts them on Facebook Messenger to let them know you’re safe. Under the General tab in the Facebook Dating options, you can block a person from messaging you or accessing your profile.