If you’ve arrived at this page, you’ve most likely seen the KLMS agent in the system admin and have some questions about it. Don’t worry, we’ve covered everything you need to know about the KLMS agent in this post, as well as how to uninstall it if you don’t want it.
About “KLMS Agent”
Samsung’s proprietary security system, Knox, includes the KLMS agent or com.Samsung.klmsagent. Knox was created to help businesses protect their business devices, such as phones, tablets, and wearables. Knox computers, according to Samsung, are made up of a hardware chip that isolates, encrypts, and secures data such as passwords, credit card transactions, private files, and so on.
Is KLMS Agent a Malware program?
No, KLMS Agent is a part of Samsung Knox. It is not spyware. However, those who do not need Samsung Knox will regard these apps as spyware because they run in the background and consume CPU/RAM.
Does KLMS Agent (Knox) Consume System Resources?
Since it is a system app that must run in the background to work properly, the Knox app takes up system resources. The majority of people who don’t need this protection app want to get rid of it as soon as they learn that it uses machine resources in the background. Battery draining problems have also been recorded as a result of KLMS Knox.
Keep in mind that Knox isn’t the only machine app that uses a CPU in the background; Samsung devices have a slew of spyware-like games.
KLMS Agent: Is It Possible To Delete It?
Yes, but the KLMS agent is a component of Samsung’s Knox security system, as previously stated. Some Knox features will cease to function if you disable/uninstall the KLMS agent.
How do I uninstall the KLMS Agent (Knox) from my device? [Without Root Access]
- Open the “Knox” app and tap on “Settings.”
- Go to the ” ‘Knox Settings” tab.
- Choose “Uninstall Knox.”
- When prompted to back up Knox data, choose “Backup Now” and then “OK.”
[With Root Access] How to Remove KLMS Agent (Knox)
Step 1: Download and install ‘Titanium Backup.’
Step 2: Launch the app.
Step 3: Search for ‘Knox,’ and you’ll get the list of all related apps.
Step 4: Remove all the apps listed below
- Knox Notification Manager
- KNOX Store
- KLMS Agent
Restart your phone after the uninstallation is over.
How to Root Your Device?
If you’re having trouble uninstalling KLMS Agent (Knox) without root access, you may root your computer to gain privileged access and uninstall the software quickly. While an Android app can be used to root your smartphone, some newer devices require the use of a computer. If that doesn’t work, attach your laptop to a Windows machine and use an app like Kingroot PC to root it.
Rooting without a computer
- On your Android smartphone, download and update KingoRoot.
- Tap on the OneClickRoot button.
- Allow for the completion of the procedure. (If it fails, the app will display a connection to Kingroot PC for download.)
Root with a PC
- Go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Tap the “Build number” seven times to access “Developer Options.”
- Go back to the previous menu and tap on “Developer Options.”
- “USB debugging” and “OEM unlocking” should both be turned on.
- KingoRoot is free software that you can download and install on your computer.
- Using a USB cable, attach your Android device to your PC.
- Click on the root button in the KingoRoot app.
- You can now remove your device from the PC once it has been rooted.
Knox’s (KLMS) Android features
Devices come preloaded with a large amount of software, which is considered stable if it is installed from a reliable source and remains unchanged. To get around the device’s protection, an intruder tries to make adjustments to your program. When a Knox-enabled computer detects an attempted alteration, it automatically locks down the app to protect your information.
Data Storage Protection
Your insecure personal data, such as photos, phone numbers, and addresses, is shielded by the KLMS agent from an intruder. It protects the data by encrypting it so that no one can alter it.
Hackers can intercept data traveling over networks like Wi-Fi, cellular data, or Bluetooth. KNOX protects your data from hackers by encrypting your network.
Specialized User Experience
Knox gives users the ability to mask alerts, extend screen timeout, avoid sleep mode when the system is plugged in, and much more.
Automated App Deployment
Knox prohibits users from uninstalling or renaming applications.
Knox restricts users’ access to specific URLs and only enables download from a select group of applications.
Device Feature Restriction
- Prevents users from using the camera and microphone.
- It allows you to disable networking settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and GPS.
- It allows you to disable software updates, turn off your computer, perform a factory reset, enter safe mode, and so on.
- App downloads from unknown sources are blocked.
- It allows you to disable biometric security features such as the fingerprint scanner and the iris scanner.
- Users are not permitted to use screen capture software.