In electronics, a red light is never a good thing, so why does ps4 controller red light occur? My controller light turned red, and I became concerned, so I went online to look for a response.
Since your USB port or charger is broken, your PS4 Controller is red. It’s a controller hardware issue if it always turns on with a red light after it’s been fixed. It’s possible that the ribbon within your controller needs to be replaced.
Some of us are hesitant to open up our game controllers. Understandably, we are not attempting to do any damage; I know this because I destroyed my controller while attempting to repair it!
What do the colors on the PS4 controller mean?
- Player 1(Blue)
- Player 2(Red)
- Player 3 (Green)
- Player 4(Pink)
When playing games like Grand Theft Auto IV, RockStar makes the Dualshock 4 flash red and blue while the player is chased by cops! Isn’t it cool?
What to do when the Ps4 Controller Red Light keeps flashing
There are a few different ways to repair a PS4 controller that keeps flashing, and you’ll need to purchase a new USB to see if the issue is with the USB.
Run PS4 In Safe Mode to fix Ps4 Controller Red Light
- Switch your PS4 off.
- For 10 seconds, press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps.
- Using a USB cable, attach your Dualshock 4 to your device.
- Press the PS button on the ps4 controller.
Note that if your PS4 USB ports are broken, you won’t be able to start it in safe mode, but it has been shown to bypass a lot of controller and PS4 software issues.
If none of these measures work, you may have a broken controller; if you’re the sort that throws their controller across the room when they lose, this is most definitely the case.
Replace the cable for your Dualshock 4
- Purchase a Dualshock 4 replacement cable or a functioning Android charging cable from your home.
- Connect the USB cable to your Dualshock 4 controller.
- If the light turns blue or green, the controller is charging and the issue was with the cables.
Since USB cables can be fragile, removing one is a simple way to resolve your controller’s inability to charge.
Reset PS4 Controller To Default
- Switch the controller over to find the reset button next to the controller’s top right screw.
- Push the button inside the hole with an unfolded paperclip or a sim card opener.
- For a total of 5 seconds, press and hold the button.
- Check to see if your Dualshock 4 is charging by reconnecting it to the PS4.
Your controller, like your PS4, has its own program that can become corrupt. Using the above method would reset your controller to factory defaults. Hopefully, this will resolve your issue.
Reset Your PS4 Console To Default
- Press down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your PS4 or go to the fast start screen.
- Remove the PS4’s power cord from the back.
- Reconnect the power cord and switch on the PS4 after around 3-5 minutes.
- Connect your controller to the PS4 through the USB charging cable.
- To switch it on, click the PlayStation button on the Dualshock 4 remote.
Turning off the TV to give it a rest, as suggested by your parents or grandparents, is actually good advice to obey!
The old trick of turning it off and on again works more often than you think! Often, all that is needed is a simple restart of the PlayStation 4, and other times the controller will not function due to a hardware issue.
During Gameplay, the PS4 Controller’s Red Light Bar
The light bar on the controller turns red in some games to show your in-game character’s health, and the light bar will turn red if you play NFS as an illegal street racer. When you die in a Killzone, some games even turn the lightbar red, so it’s sometimes nothing to be worried about.
If you are the only player and the controller still has a red light, it is likely that you are logged in as another user; changing the user will change the light as well. To change users, press and hold the PS button on the controller, then highlight “Power” and select “Switch User.” You can now select the user you want to play with.
Is it possible to customize the color of the PS4 controller?
You must adjust the user to change the color of a PS4 controller, as different PS4 profiles lead to different colors. Blue is the first player, red is the second, green is the third, and yellow is the fourth. Without logging out, change the color by signing it to another user.
How to Change The PS4 Controllers Red Light Color
- On your PS4, make four different profiles.
- Without logging out, log in to one account and turn to another.
- Continue logging on and switching between different users before you find the color you want.
That’s it on the Ps4 controller red light issue.