Is PS4 Region Free DVD Player?
No, although PS4 games are region free, the PS4 is region locked for both DVDs and Blu-ray discs and games.
Is the PlayStation 4 a multi-region DVD player? While PS4 games are region-free, the PS4 hardware is region-locked with DVD and Blu-ray discs, but there is a workaround.
DVDs and Blu-ray discs are locked into eight distinct region-specific codes for various regions, such as North America and Europe.
But don’t worry, in this article I’ll show you how to make your PS4 capable of playing any DVD/Blue-ray disc, regardless of region, and turn your console into a real multi-regional computer.
Part 1: How Do You Make Your PS4 Region Free for DVDs? (Is PS4 Region Free)
First, you can use 4 times to change the PS4 DVD region. It’s terrible that just four times in the PS4’s entire life is too many. However, if you want to unlock your PS4 this way, follow this guide:
- Insert a DVD disc into your PlayStation 4’s optical drive.
- You’ll then get a notice that says, “To play this DVD, change the PS4’s DVD region code.” Click the “Next” button.
- A DVD region map will appear on the left side of the screen. Choose the DVD region (typically found on the back of the DVD packaging). If you are unsure about the region of your DVD, check the DVD region codes here. You want to watch it on the correct screen.
- At this point, you should be able to watch the DVD. However, you can only change your regional code system settings four times before they are permanently locked.
Make the DVD region free for the PS4 if you don’t want to spend time changing the region. All you need is a region DVD converter, such as WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. The DVD ripper can remove DVD regions 1-6, RCE, CSS, Sony AcroSS, Bad sector, 99 titles, and almost all encryptions from a DVD.
It just takes three clicks to convert region-coded DVDs to region-free MP4, AVI, MPEG2, AVCHD, MP4, and other formats for PS4:
- Obtain the software (Windows version and Mac version). Insert the software after inserting the foreign DVD into the disc drive. It takes DVDs from any region without requiring the hard drive’s region to be set.
- When it detects anything, it will take you to the output window. All of the profiles are generated without regard to region. Select an output format.
- To convert the conversion, click the Run button. It just takes a few minutes to convert the DVD to PS4 region free files.
Part 2: How to Change PS4 PSN Region?
In addition to the PS4 DVD region hack, your device is locked to the region you’ve set for your PlayStation Network (PSN) account. What if you want to play RPG games, watch broadcast services, or watch TV shows that aren’t accessible where you live?
How can you change the PSN region on your PS4? Unfortunately, you will not be able to change the region of an existing PS4 PSN account. However, you may create a new PSN account to make your PS4 region-free and get access to content from other areas.
- Turn on your PS4 and go to the welcome screen, then select New User.
- Select Create a user, agree to the User Agreement, and then click Next.
- Select “Create a New PlayStation Network Account” and enter an email address that is not already associated with a PSN account.
- Select the region in which you wish to play the content on the PS4.
How Do You Unblock Regions on Your PS4?
Unfortunately, it is not as simple as just moving to a new region since you cannot do so.
You must instead create a new account. Fortunately, it won’t take long – here’s all you need to do:
- Create a new account on Sony’s website.
- Use an email address that is not associated with any other PSN accounts. To quickly create one, use a provider like Mail.com, Yandex, or ProtonMail.
- Make a password for yourself.
- Now, select the desired region and fill out the rest of the form. Use Google Translate if the language changes.
- Create what you want and create an account.
- Verify the account, add the new user, and, if necessary, provide the ZIP code or postcode.
- Skip the social networking crap and go straight to the PSN store. The currency should change, and you should be able to access the desired content.
If you become confused, please follow the video below for comprehensive instruction on how to change the region of your PlayStation 4.