I just installed Minecraft and Minecraft Not Working
I can’t even open the game.
I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft, but it still doesn’t work.
If you’re looking for a quick fix to your Minecraft woes, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to fix Minecraft not responding on startup in 8 easy steps.
Solution 1: Disable the Discord Overlay
A lot of users have reported that Discord overlays could cause Minecraft to stop responding. To fix this issue, you have to disable the overlay on Discord or end Discord entirely.
Be aware that before you can start, you need to hit Ctrl + Shift and Esc simultaneously to launch Task Manager, and close Minecraft and any other unneeded apps.
- Launch Discord and then select the Settings option.
- Choose the overlay tab, then disable the Enable in-game overlay.
- Launch Minecraft again.
Check if the issue persists. If Minecraft not working as per your requests, then you should move on to the next solution.
Why is Minecraft Not Working | 8 Simple Hack
Solution 2: Stop the Minecraft process
If the launcher has closed, but you can see that it did not launch Minecraft when you hit the “Play” button. If this happens, you may launch the Task Manager to stop the task by hand. Reboot Minecraft could resolve the issue with the launcher not starting.
Some users have mentioned that when this issue appears, there’ll be two MinecraftLauncher.exe. You must close each task and restart the game.
Here’s how to:
- Use your CTRL + Shift + the Esc keys together on your keyboard, to open your Task Manager.
- Right-click Minecraft in the Processes tab and select the End Task option.
- Launch Minecraft again to check whether it’s functioning properly.
If you got two MinecraftLauncher.exe, after fixing the issue, you need to open Settings in the launcher, choose “Keep the launcher open while the game is running”. There are two scenarios that could occur:
- The launcher isn’t responding. You can close it and Minecraft will continue to run as normal.
- The launcher responds and remains open. Minecraft simply works perfectly.
Solution 3: Uninstall incompatible software
Norton antivirus software is recognized to cause problems with Minecraft. It could be too protective and can block items you don’t want to block, even if you’ve turned off it. It is possible to install the program or upgrade it to prevent running into the same issue.
A variety of other programs are not compatible with Minecraft. You can go to Minecraft’s official website known incompatible software for more details.
If you’ve eliminated all of these conflicts, but your Minecraft not working, you may attempt the next fix.
Solution 4: Run Minecraft as administrator
The issue of privilege could be the cause of this issue. Therefore, you should run this program as an administrator and see whether this resolves your issue.
Read | How to Make a Flower Pot in Minecraft For Free on Any Device
Solution 5: Make sure that your antivirus software or firewall is not blocking it
Sometimes, these programs stop access to certain apps, which can cause connection problems. Make sure you whitelist the launcher you are using or disable the firewall or antivirus temporarily.
Read | https aka ms remoteconnect – How to Fix Minecraft PS4 Gameplay
Solution 6: Search Windows for updates
Another reason why Minecraft not working error appears is that your system’s operating software is in the process of becoming outdated. It could be that Minecraft released an update and the latest version you have installed isn’t supported by the most recent version of Minecraft.
To resolve this issue, it is possible to use the following steps to check for updates on your Windows operating system. Follow the steps below.
- On your computer, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Now, click on the Gear icon in the Start Menu to start Windows Settings.
- After that, within Windows Settings, select Update and Security.
- Next, click on the Windows Update tab on the side menu.
- Lastly, Windows will detect an update for your system. Follow the prompts on the screen to upgrade to the most recent version of Windows.
After you have updated Windows, restart your computer and launch Minecraft using your Minecraft launcher to check whether the error persists within the game.
Solution 7: Disable all Minecraft mods
What is it that makes Minecraft so well-known? It is the mods that you can play in the game. You can pick among hundreds of mods developed by other players that allow you to play with fellow players or with your friends online.
There are instances when these mods do not function properly and could cause issues on your system since they were made by other users and not the real Minecraft developers.
If you’re experiencing the Minecraft isn’t responding issue that occurred after installing mods to the game, then what do you do? Remove those mods, or relocate the mods folder inside Minecraft’s Minecraft location to an alternative location since it could be the reason for the error in Minecraft.
After you have removed the mods from Minecraft, restart your computer and try to start Minecraft to determine whether the issue has been fixed.
Solution 8: Reinstall Minecraft
If none of these solutions above work for you, you might be required to reinstall the game in order to fix this issue.
- If you are using a keyboard, use your keyboard’s Windows symbol keys and R simultaneously to open the run box
- Type in “appwiz.cpl and press Enter..
- Right-click Minecraft and select “Uninstall“.
- To reopen the Run window, press the Windows logo key, then R, and then type “%appdata%” and press Enter.
- Right-click on the minecraft folder and choose the option to delete to confirm that you’ve erased the associated files.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling it.
- Visit the official Minecraft website to download and install Minecraft again.
In general, Minecraft can work properly when you reinstall it.
We hope that the solutions above will solve the reason why is Minecraft not working issue in the event that none of these options listed and described above are sufficient to eliminate the issue in your situation The root of the issue may not be something you can solve on your own.
Contact Minecraft Support.
If you’re experiencing issues with the new launcher but there’s no solution available, get in touch with Minecraft support. Please describe the issue with pictures should you need to and you’ll receive answers right from the creators.