QNAP NetBak Replicator is a simple backup solution for your data on a QNAP NAS device. The NetBak Replicator utilizes the QNAP’s replication function to copy your data from one QNAP NAS to another, with various options for scheduling and for specifying the frequency of the replication.
About Netbak Replicator
If you purchase a QNAP NAS device, you will also get the QNAP client backup application, Netbak Replicator. You can use it to backup clients’ data with a few simple steps.
You can also set up an automatic backup for every hour, every day, or every week. It supports incremental backup, so you can backup only changed files. Besides the QNAP NAS drive, you can also select other locations as the backup target.
Is QNAP Netbak Replicator good enough for you?
Netbak Replicator is not like the professional software for doing image-based backups. It just replicates the drive, files, or folders that you want to back up.
As you may know, there are some data that are not stored in a file format on the system drive. Therefore, you cannot use this QNAP backup software to backup the system.
If you only need to backup some regular files and folders, a file-level backup is not ideal because it will take more time to restore the data back.
What’s worse, viruses and malware may have access to your backup, which can cause damage to your backup. A damaged backup is not a backup at all.
Therefore, it is recommended to have professional image backup software as an alternative to QNAP Netbak Replicator for Windows.
More professional QNAP backup software – AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a completely free image backup and restore software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- It can backup the entire hard drive, operating system, partitions, and files block by block to NAS, external hard drives, local disks, and other storage devices.
- It provides many other useful features to ensure your data’s safety, like Basic Sync, Disk Clone, Explore Image, etc.
- In the event of a system crash or other kinds of data disaster, you can easily restore your data to the original place or a new place.
To create a system backup with AOMEI Backupper:
1. Free download the QNAP Netbak Replicator alternative and run it.
2. Click “Backup” from the left panel and select “System Backup”.
3. On the next screen, you can see the C drive and system-related drives are included by default. You just select a location as the destination path to store the backup image.
4. If you need to create a scheduled backup, just click “Schedule” down the bottom. If nothing else, click “Start Backup” to start the backup.
Tips: After the backup finishes, you can create a bootable media. Should a disaster happen, you can use it to boot your computer and restore your system to an earlier date.
If you do not want to lose your data, you can download QNAP Netbak Replicator alternative to create a backup. It enables you to create image backups for Windows OS, disks, partitions, as well as files/folders.
It also allows you to sync files from one location to another location without creating image files. If you want to run real-time sync, you may upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher editions.