How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone: Today, cell phones have become such a commonplace accessory that most people will leave their home, school, or place of business and almost forget to take their phone with them.
In fact, some people are so used to leaving their phones behind that they don’t even think about it until it’s too late. Have you ever left the house without your cell phone?
Did you ever give someone your home number so that you could be reached there, but then find yourself unable to return calls because you can’t get in touch with them?
Another common scenario is having to call someone from another location, such as work. If you’re looking to learn what to do to transfer calls, without using a phone this guide can assist you in doing it in a proper manner.
It’s not often that you’ll have your phone on you throughout the day. When you travel or just put it on your home phone, call forwarding is likely to be your best friend.
It is possible to use any phone to direct the calls you make to a phone number that you can then answer. It is not necessary to contact your carrier or keep your phone in your pocket.
Based on the carrier you use you may be able to do it at home by dialing a number and then entering the number to which you want your call to be transferred.
Yes, you can forward calls to another number, even if you don’t have your phone on you.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone
To forward calls from someone else’s phone to yours, first be sure that you are granted permission to do it. You can opt to do this using dial codes or calling settings of the app “Phone” on the phone of the person or even remotely.
How do you forward calls from a landline to your Phone
Call forwarding isn’t only restricted to mobile phones. It is also possible to arrange it, such as transferring calls from landlines to your cell phone.
There is no access to the website of a provider or application for the most efficient procedure, but you can still use it in the traditional manner by using dial codes.
These are steps for forwarding calls made from your landline.
- Phone *72 on your landline and wait for the dial tone.
- Enter the mobile number you want to receive incoming calls from.
- Clicking the # key will confirm it.
- Prior to disconnecting, listen for a confirmation tone.
All calls made to you will be automatically transferred to the chosen phone number.
Are you ready to receive calls from your landline? Simply dial *73, then listen for the confirmation sound and you’ll be ready.
To forward calls using dial codes:
- Use the numbers *21* to forward all incoming calls, *004* to forward calls when there is no answer or reception, *67* to forward calls when the line is busy, *61* to forward calls when there is no answer, and *62* to forward calls when there is no reception.
- Dial the code, your number, and then the # symbol to utilize them.
For instance, *21*000-000-000#
- Then, click the call, transmit, or phone button to dial the code.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [iPhone]
- On the user’s smartphone, navigate to “Settings,” scroll down, and choose “Phone.”
- When you click “Call forwarding,” a new page will open. Toggle the button to the right to make it active.
- ‘Forward to’, a new option, will now appear.
- Click it, then enter your phone number.
- Once you’ve entered it, simply use the arrow to return to the previous page, where your number should now be shown next to the “Forward to” option.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [Android]
- Choose “Settings,” “Call Settings,” or “Calls” from the menu.
- Then select “Call forwarding.” You can try forwarding calls using the dial codes listed above if you do not see this option.
- Depending on how you want the calls redirected, choose any of the alternatives that are offered.
- Set your number as the forwarding number after that, or change the displayed number.
- Finally, press ‘OK’ to complete.
Note certain steps could be different depending on the specific Android and its user interface.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [Samsung]
- In the display’s upper right corner, tap the Menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Settings”.
- Select “Supplementary services” or “More services” after that.
- Pick an option under “Call forwarding” and then select it. You can choose to always forward, forward when busy, forward when no response is received, or forward when no one is available.
- Enter your phone number after choosing any of the choices, then click “Enable.”
No matter if you’re using a mobile phone or landline, you can enable call forwarding by using dial codes. Carriers like Sprint and Verizon permit remote call forwarding by going to their site and enabling it there. Call *72 and the number you wish to forward your call to will suffice for most phones.
Remotely activate call forwarding:
- Make a call to the person’s service provider’s provided Remote Access Directory Number.
- Next, input the personal identification number that was provided when the individual registered with the service provider, followed by the person’s phone number.
- Next, enter your phone number followed by the # key and the 2-digit feature code provided by the service provider.
- A confirmation that the procedure was successful will be sent to you.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [Verizon]
Verizon offers a more contemporary approach to calling forwarding as compared to Sprint.
You can activate it via the old-fashioned method of dialing a number or a code on your phone. However, you can activate it via their website. This Verizon feature will come in useful if you’ve lost your phone and don’t need to travel back for it.
If you’d like to activate it with dial codes, Verizon’s code is *72, then the number you wish to forward your calls to is.
These are the steps required to activate call forwarding on Verizon’s website:
- Visit the Call Forwarding website at Verizon at m.vzw.com/callforwarding
- Go to Manage Devices and look for your phone.
- Click Manage after scrolling down to Call Forwarding.
- Enter the phone number where calls will be received.
- Verify by checking your email.
NOTE: One thing to be aware of is that the phone won’t ring until you turn off call forwarding.
You can stop it by dialing *73 on your Verizon phone or deactivating it from your My Verizon Call Forwarding page.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [AT&T]
Like the other providers, AT&T provides a remote call forwarding option. However, their procedure is a little different and necessitates an additional verification step.
Dial the AT&T number given. The local AT&T office can provide you with this number, which changes by location, or you can call 1-888-944-0447.
When asked, enter the subscriber phone number and the personal identification number that AT&T gave you during service registration. If you’ve forgotten your PIN number, call 1-800-944-0447.
Enter the feature code that was provided by the vendor. The east or west coasts will have a 72 or 73 for this number, respectively.
Type “#” after the phone number you want to receive calls from. The user will receive a confirmation when the forward is successful.
How to Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [Sprint]
There is a way to set up call forwarding on your Sprint phone. It’s simple and is possible even if your phone doesn’t come with a built-in call forwarding feature.
For Sprint, they give you the option to choose the kind of call forwarding that you wish to set up.
The first one is known as “unconditional call forwarding.” It forwards all calls. Another is known as “conditional forwarding,” which forwards calls if you don’t answer or the line is busy.
These are the steps to setup unrestricted call forwarding with Sprint:
- To redirect calls to a different phone number, dial *72 first.
- The call or speak button must be pressed.
- A confirmation tone or message should be awaited.
The procedure is the same when conditional call forwarding is used. You must, however, dial *73 first, then your forwarding number.
All you have to do on your Sprint phone is dial *720 to turn off call forwarding.
The forwarding of voicemails and text messages is not supported by Sprint.
Additionally, calls to specific area codes and international phones cannot be forwarded.
See Also: Qlink APN Hack – QLink APN Setup | 2022 Updated!
Forward Calls Without Having the Phone [OpenPhone]
With OpenPhone, you can quickly set up call forwarding to any local US or Canadian number by using your mobile application, desktop app, or even your browser.
When you’re connected to the OpenPhone mobile application, simply start the app and follow these steps:
- In the top left corner, tap the image of your account.
- Next to “Your numbers,” tap “Manage.”
- Choose the phone number for which you wish to configure call forwarding.
- Enter the phone number that will receive your redirected calls by tapping “Call Forwarding” on the menu.
- Click “Save.”
If you’re ready to stop forwarding calls, go back to “Call Forwarding” (step 4 above) and remove the number you’re forwarding calls to, then press “Save.”
The process of setting up call forwarding on your computer is quite simple. All you have to do is sign in to the web application or browser and after that,
- Click “Settings,” then “Phone Numbers” on a browser, or visit the “My phone numbers” page of the program.
- Select the phone number that you wish to use for call forwarding.
- After scrobbling down, choose “Forward Calls.”
- Enter the phone number that will receive redirected calls.
- Click”Forward.” Hit “Forward” to move forward.
You can end call forwarding at any point by logging back into the settings of your phone number and then tapping “Stop” right next to “Forwarding forwarded calls to.”
If you’re using an existing number that you wish to be able to access across several devices, think about switching your number to OpenPhone.
This allows you to perform more tasks, including forwarding text messages, forwarding voicemails, and missed calls to your mail inbox or Slack channel.
Register to get a test for OpenPhone to gain the flexibility to function as a professional in the future.
What is forwarding?
The call forwarding feature is a feature of telephony that allows you to route calls that are incoming to another number. This is useful when you’re not available or you want to answer a call from another number.
Can I set up call forwarding from another number?
What is Call Forwarding? Through Call Forwarding, you are able to forward your mobile phone calls to other phone numbers, including another mobile phone or a landline phone similar to your office or home phone number.
When Call Forwarding is switched on it will mean that your mobile phone won’t ring when you receive a phone call.
Do I need to enable the Call Forwarding feature remotely?
It’s a simple option to activate Call Forwarding while away from your home. Through remote access, you can make use of any phone to forward all calls directed to a specific number that you can reach. To utilize this service, you’ll require an access phone number and a PIN.
What’s a cloud phone?
Cloud phone systems are enterprise phone systems that are hosted on the cloud. It offers advanced voicemail and calls forwarding features. This kind of service lets you effortlessly manage messages, calls, and contacts across multiple devices.
How do I set up call forwarding in my OpenPhone account?
If you’re on the OpenPhone mobile app, start the app and follow the following four simple steps. Click your account’s picture located in the top left. Click “Manage” under “Your Numbers.” Choose which phone number you want to set up call forwarding on.
Click “Call Forwarding,” and then “Enable.” Remember that call forwarding temporarily blocks all other phone settings that are custom (such as the phone menu and business hours) created for a particular number in OpenPhone.