Some iPhone owners are dissatisfied with their device’s absence of a clipboard capability. The clipboard is a function that enables users to copy and paste content from one document to another; it is particularly useful while working in word-processing software.
Since iPhones don’t have a clipboard, users have to copy and paste text using the built-in keyboard, which is both short and limited in what it can do.
How Does the iPhone’s Copy and Paste System Work?
To copy and paste anything (text, link, or picture) on the iPhone or iPad, first locate the text or link you wish to copy. Then, keep your finger on that link or word until a blue drop appears.
Then, drag the blue highlight’s edges up to the part you wish to copy. You may tap to choose all if you want to. Then, touch on copy to copy the contents of the clipboard.
Navigate to the location where you wish to paste your chosen item. Tap and hold the empty spot until the same dialogue box with the option to paste appears. Tap on Paste to move the copied content to the desired location.
This is how an iPhone or iPad’s single copy-paste capability works. But what about accessing the copy history when there are many copies? The bad news is that you no longer have access to the iPhone copy history for multiple copies. However, we have a way that will allow you to view the copy history on your iPhone. Let us demonstrate.
Where Is the iPhone’s Clipboard?
Where is the clipboard on my iPhone? It is a popular topic among iOS users these days. Or, how can I locate copied URLs on my iPhone? Because the iPhone no longer allows access to saved copies, you may be in the same boat.
So, try the methods listed below. We’re sure you’ll enjoy these simple and quick iPhone tricks.
How to save and access your clipboard on iPhone
1. Using the Notes App
The solution to the question of where is the clipboard on the iPhone and how to discover and access it is tricky. As a consequence, we must use some easy methods to get around.
After that, let’s look at how you can use the Notes app to make the iPhone clipboard more accessible.
- Open the Notes App on your iPhone.
- Open a New Note
- Paste your previously copied content onto the newly created note.
This is a smart and quick way to keep track of your clipboard content and edit it whenever and however you need to. The iOS clipboard allows storing only one item at a time.
However, the Notes technique allows you to save a limitless number of things without having to change any of them.
Some people might find this approach boring, so we suggest you stick to the first two ideas in this article.
2. Create a Shortcut to Edit the iPhone Clipboard
With the iPhone shortcuts app, you can automate tasks by combining actions from different apps.
The factory default settings enable you to employ a set of pre-existing shortcuts. Furthermore, you are free to create your own shortcuts.
A custom shortcut may be readily established to access and modify clipboard items.
How to Create a “Show Clipboard” Shortcut on iPhone
- Open the Shortcuts application
- Navigate to the Gallery Menu
- Search for Adjust Clipboard Or Show Clipboard
- To enable your shortcut, press the Add Shortcut button.
- Return to the My Shortcuts Tab
- Browse through to find your newly created shortcut.
- Tap on the Adjust Clipboard shortcut to activate it.
You may now use this shortcut to modify your clipboard content while you’re on the move!
Instead of manually scrolling through the list of shortcuts, you can utilize Siri to activate your own shortcut. A single verbal command is all that is required. “Hey Siri, open Adjust Clipboard,” for example.
We hope this answers your question about where the clipboard is on the iPhone.
3. Save and access numerous clipboard entries using the iPhone’s clipboard management applications.
You may need to use a third-party app. If you want to actively access your iPhone’s clipboard, In other words, if you want your iPhone to preserve every piece of material you’ve ever copied, you’ll need a third-party app.
Some apps require me to press a couple buttons inside the program to preserve my clipboard. So, copy anything to the clipboard > open the clipboard app > hit a + button > paste the clipboard contents > Save. As you can see, there are quite a few stages. As a result, I disregarded these applications as well.
Finally, I found several programs that eliminated all the unnecessary procedures. Simply launching the program saves your current clipboard contents. You are not required to do anything else. Furthermore, you must launch the app due to iOS privacy rules that enable an app to read and utilize your clipboard only when you open it. Also, even in the free version, these apps have almost no or very few ads.
Here’s how to use a clipboard app on an iPhone to save and get back several old clipboards:
- Get Oneboard for free.
- Any text you copy will be saved to your iOS clipboard.
- Tap Clipboard in Oneboard. The contents of your text clipboard are automatically saved by the program.
- Use your iPhone and copy any valuable content you come across to the clipboard.
- Open Oneboard again, and the software will store the clipboard contents automatically. You will see that your previous clipboard is also present. Repeat the preceding procedures to preserve several old clipboards.
- Open Oneboard and touch one of the items to access these clipboards. It is immediately copied to your clipboard, where you may paste it anywhere you like.
- To remove or share a stored clipboard, tap it inside Oneboard and choose the appropriate option.
Note: If the program doesn’t show the clipboard you just saved right away, tap List, then tap Clipboard again.
Clips Board: To preserve your current clipboard, launch the app and hit Save. You may, however, copy a stored clipboard with a single key press. This software is also notable for its widget support for Today View. So, you can access and copy your saved clipboards without having to open the program.
Clipboarder: When you launch the program, it saves your clipboard. However, there are many processes involved in replicating it. It’s handy if you want to rapidly save your clipboards and then modify them.
Clipboard Grabber: It saves your clipboard simply by opening the app. To copy a stored clipboard, however, touch the clipboard and then choose Copy. Simply touch the clipboard in Oneboard to copy it.
4. Access and save previous clipboards using SwiftKey.
SwiftKey by Microsoft is one of the most popular third-party keyboards for the iPhone and iPad. I’ve been using it for years due to the good recommendations, selectable number row, themes, and integrated clipboard manager.
Here’s how to use SwiftKey on your iPhone or iPad to store, access, and manage current or previous clipboards:
- Download SwiftKey, launch it, and follow the setup instructions. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and choose SwiftKey. Then, hit SwiftKey and choose Allow Full Access.
- After you’ve finished configuring everything, launch Notes or another program that has a keyboard. Now, tap the globe or emoji symbol to switch your iPhone’s keyboard to SwiftKey rather than the built-in Apple keyboard.
- On your iPhone, copy text or a link, which is stored on the iOS clipboard.
- Tap the little plus symbol (+) in any app or screen where the SwiftKey keyboard appears.
Note: If the Apple keyboard appears, repeat step 2 or select SwiftKey as your default keyboard.
- Select the clipboard icon.
- Tap Save. This clipboard is now permanently preserved on your SwiftKey keyboard.
- Steps 4 and 5 will take you to your stored clipboards. Simply press the clipboard icon to paste or insert it from there.
Swipe left and hit Delete to erase the clipboard. Finally, choose Edit to rearrange the order of your stored clipboard. You can also see and manage all of your clipboards inside the SwiftKey app by going to Settings > Clipboard.
What is the purpose of this?
- People who are comfortable altering their typing patterns and using a new keyboard.
- People who have a set of statements or lines that they must use on a regular basis. Assume you’re a merchant and you want to send a predefined response to every email you get. You may copy the whole response to your SwiftKey clipboard and paste it into the email with only a few touches.
How do I access clipboard on my iPad?
To access the clipboard on your iPad, use the Notes app first. Then, press and hold down on the text field until a menu pops up. Select “Paste.”
How do I retrieve clipboard history?
There are many methods for retrieving clipboard history. You can use the Clipboard Viewer tool on Windows. You can use the built-in clipboard history feature on Mac. You may also utilize a third-party clipboard manager, such as Alfred or ClipMenu.
How do you delete copied messages from clipboard?
To remove copied messages from the clipboard, press “Ctrl+X” to cut the text and then “Ctrl+V” to paste it. You may also right-click on the copied text and pick “Delete” from the menu.
When you copy something on iPhone Where does it go?
The copied text is saved to the clipboard, which is accessible by launching the Notes app and clicking the Clipboard button at the bottom of the screen.
How do I access my clipboard?
On a PC, press down the CTRL and V keys at the same time to access your clipboard. On a Mac, press down the Command and V keys at the same time to access your clipboard.
You may store several clipboards using third-party clipboard management programs by simply launching the app. You may access and utilize these stored clipboards from the app in the future. In this manner, when you copy something else, you don’t lose your crucial clipboard.