How To Block Youtube Ads On LG TV – If you have an LG TV, you may be wondering how to block those pesky YouTube ads. Luckily, there is a way to do this, and it’s actually quite simple. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to block YouTube ads on your LG TV so that you can enjoy your favorite videos without any interruptions.
How To Block YouTube Ads On Lg TV
Subscribe to Youtube Premium
If you really want to get rid of ads on your LG TV, your best bet is to subscribe to YouTube Premium. With a $12 per month subscription, you’ll get an ad-free experience, background play on mobile devices, and access to YouTube Music. This is really the only way to guarantee that you won’t see any ads when watching YouTube on your LG TV.
Manually Block Ads on Router Using Firewall
You can also block LG TV ads on YouTube by using the firewall on your network router. What you need to do is block the URLs which the ads are loaded from. It’s similar to the first method, except that you are not making the change through a DNS server. Instead, you are blocking the URLs directly from your router firewall settings.
To start, log in to your router dashboard with the login URL. Depending on the router you have, you can find the login URL on the router label (some of the popular ones are below):
- Linksys – http://192.168.1.1
- D-Link/Netgear – http://192.168.0.1
- Belkin – http://192.168.2.1
- ASUS – http://192.168.1.1/
- AT&T U-verse – http://192.168.1.254
- Comcast – http://10.0.0.1
Now, please locate the URL filtering or blocking section. Of course, its location will depend on which router you use. However, you should be able to find it easily under the Firewall or Security tab. Once you’ve found URL filtering or blocking, add the following URLs:
The only problem is that LG updates its ads’ URLs every now and then. When this occurs, you may start seeing the ads again unless you update the list to include the new URL that the ads are being served from.
Read More: How To Log Into Tinder Using Facebook (Tinder Login With Facebook)
Blocking Ads Using Your Internet Router
- Switch on the LG Smart TV
- Go into Settings with the remote control.
- Next, you can click on Advanced Settings.
- Select Network from the tab menu
- From the list of networks, select the one you’re connecting to the Internet via. It could be Wi-Fi or Ethernet (you will notice ‘Connected To Internet’) below this particular network. After that, you can click Advanced settings.
- After that, click on EDIT button
- Uncheck the box that states “Set Automatically.
- Edit your DNS Server and change it to 22.214.171.124
- Click on Connect button
- Then wait until it connects to the updated DNS server. You can then start your LG smart TV running web OS.
Go back to the LG TV, open the YouTube application, and the ads won’t be displayed on the Smart TV.
How This Method Works:
The DNS server that you changed to (126.96.36.199) is the AdGuard DNS server. They provide an ad-blocking service. The method they use to do this is that they’ve got an URL blacklist that blocks certain URLs where the ads load from.
When you change the DNS servers you use, you’re effectively stopping these advertisements from being displayed on your TV with Web OS since the URLs they must load are blocked.
So, all these advertisements which include YouTube ads are disabled by the LG TV.
Also Read: How To Easily Block YouTube Ads On Android TV | 2022/2023 Updated!
Final Thoughts on “how to Block Youtube Ads on Lg Tv (permanently!)”
This is a really great method for blocking youtube ads on an LG smart TV. I have tested it on my own TV and it works perfectly. I’m not sure how it works, but it seems to block the ads before they even start playing.
I found this method on a forum, and it seems to be working for a lot of people. If you have an LG smart TV, I highly recommend you try this method out.