If you’re seeing the Facebook Not Loading on Chrome error, one possible reason is that you’re using an out-of-date version of Chrome.
It can be upsetting if Facebook suddenly stops working in your browser. This is usually caused by browser cache data or third-party extensions interfering with Chrome resources.
However, there are other reasons that could cause this issue. In this post, we will walk you through some troubleshooting steps to fix the Facebook not loading on Chrome error.
How to Fix Facebook Not Loading on Chrome
To fix this, simply use any of the simple fixes below.
1. Examine Facebook’s Status
If Facebook’s servers are down, users won’t be able to launch it on any web browser. To check the website’s server status, users can visit websites like DownDetector. If the status shows that the servers are down, users will just have to wait until they’re back up and running.
2. Restart Google Chrome
If Facebook does not open in Google Chrome even after trying multiple times, try restarting your browser. There’s a chance that Chrome wasn’t able to access certain files during the current session and this was making Chrome misbehave. Start Chrome Chrome browser and see whether the issue has been fixed.
3. Clear Google Chrome Cache
A corrupted cookie or cached data could be one of the reasons your browser is not operating as well as it should. To prevent this problem, it’s a good idea to routinely delete the cache on your web browser. To clear Google Chrome’s desktop cache files, follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Select Settings from the list of options that appears after clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right menu bar.
- Select the Privacy and Security option from the left pane of the Setting window.
- Click Clear browsing data on the right side, under the Privacy and Security section.
- Make sure the boxes next to Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files are all checked.
- After that, click the Clear data button.
4. Disable or Uninstall Extensions
Browser add-ons help us with online browsing tasks. But occasionally, these add-ons can get in the way of the web browser’s actual functionality, causing problems like Facebook not working on Chrome.
If this happens, the best way to fix the problem is to either disable all extensions or uninstall them from your browser. Then install them one by one to see which one is causing the issue.
These are the steps you should follow to deactivate or uninstall extension extensions in the Google Chrome browser.
- Open Chrome and select the 3-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose More Tools > Extensions.
- Once the list of extensions has loaded, you can disable them by turning off the toggle next to them or uninstall them by clicking the Remove button.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Fix To Resolve ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error
5. Change DNS Settings
DNS is a Domain Name System that is used to resolve domain names into corresponding IP addresses. When you enter www.facebook.com into your web browser, DNS will look up the IP address associated with that domain name. Your computer will then use that IP address to connect to the Facebook server. Sometimes, if the DNS server associated with your ISP is having problems, you may not be able to connect to Facebook.
- By pressing the Windows Key + I shortcut, you can access Settings in Windows 11.
- Then, from the left menu bar, select Network & Internet and then Advanced network settings.
- Now, choose the internet network you’re using, such as Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- View Additional Properties should be selected.
- Select Edit.
- Replace the DNS with Google DNS or any of the other DNS protocols listed below.
|DNS Server||DNS 1||DNS 2|
|Google Public DNS||18.104.22.168||22.214.171.124|
|Quad9 DNS (IPv4)||126.96.36.199||188.8.131.52|
|Quad9 DNS (IPv6)||2620:fe::fe||2620:fe::9|
6. Sync System Date and Time
If your system’s date and times are not in sync and you are experiencing this issue. Here’s how you can determine the problem and fix it:
- Hit Start and then open Options.
- Navigate to Time & Language.
- Scroll down, and then click “Sync” now under Additional settings.
7. Use Incognito Mode
To browse the web without extensions interfering, you can use incognito mode. This mode makes your online presence secure and stops extensions from loading.
To run Chrome in incognito mode, simply click on the 3-dot menu button and select “New incognito window” from the list of options. Or, you can press Ctrl+Shift+N buttons together to open a new incognito window.
8. Guest Mode
Guest mode is a browsing mode that doesn’t allow cookies or browsing history to be tracked. Extensions are also disabled by default in Guest mode.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click the Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Guest” from the list of available profiles. You can also create your own new profile to make it more personalized.
- Check to see if the “Facebook not loading error” on the Chrome browser still occurs by opening Facebook in the Guest window.
If you’re still having trouble loading Facebook, we’ll have to reset your Chrome browser to its default settings. Sometimes we make changes without realizing it, and then can’t figure out how to fix it.
9. Reset Browser
If you can’t figure out which extension is causing the problem, it’s quicker to reset the Chrome browser. This will reset your startup page, new tab page, and search engine. It also disables all the installed extensions. However, your history, bookmarks, saved passwords, and extension settings will not be deleted.
- To reset Chrome, go to Chrome Settings and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Toggle the Advanced option on.
- Go to the bottom of the advanced options and select “Restore settings to their original defaults.”
- To reset Google Chrome, click the “Reset settings” button on the Reset settings pop-up.
Google Chrome will take some time to reset, so please be patient. Verify to see if Facebook is working with Chrome to your satisfaction.
10. Update Google Chrome
It’s important to keep your browser up to date in order to take advantage of all the features of social media sites like Facebook and Instagram. To update Chrome, go to the Settings tab and select the About Chrome tab from the left sidebar. The browser will update automatically from there.
Also Read: How to Activate Facebook Dating – Tecs2day Guides
11. Switch to a Strong Internet
There are a lot of technical issues that can be caused by a poor internet connection, such as Facebook not working on Google Chrome. To check if your internet connection is the problem, use an internet speed checker like fast.com. This will help you determine if you’re receiving optimal internet speed.
12. Try A Different Browser
When I had issues with Facebook not working on my Chrome browser, I tried using a different browser. This helped me bypass Facebook not loading on chrome faster.
If Facebook isn’t loading on Chrome, there could be a few things going on. Maybe Chrome is out of date, or there’s a problem with the Facebook website itself. There are a few things you can try to fix the issue, like clearing your browsing data or updating Chrome. If those don’t work, you can always try using a different browser. That’s it for how to fix Facebook not loading on Chrome.
Thanks for reading. Use the comment session to ask any question on this topic.