If you are a Linux user, you know how important it is to back up your data. Unfortunately, hard drive failure can happen, and it can be a disaster if you have important data that has not been backed up. Fortunately, Linux has a number of tools available to help you recover data from a failing hard drive.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of the top 10 best Linux data recovery tools to help you recover deleted or lost files. Whether it’s photos, documents, audio, or video files, these tools can help you get your data back quickly and easily.
Hard drive recovery Linux TestDisk is an open-source recovery tool that can be used to recover lost partitions and make non-booting disks bootable again. It is a powerful data recovery tool that can be used to recover lost partitions and deleted files, and to repair corrupted hard drives. It is free and open-source software that is available for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
TestDisk can be used to recover data even after a system crash or virus infection. It can also be used to repair corrupted file system structures, recover deleted files, create a backup of the partition table, and perform undelete operations.
TestDisk can be used to restore files from formatted or damaged hard drives, even if the partition table is missing or corrupt. It is a powerful and reliable tool for recovering lost data and can be used for both home and business users.
- Partition recovery
- File recovery
- Repair of corrupt hard drives
- Data backup
- Undelete operations
- File system repair
- Supports both Windows and Linux systems
CGSecurity also offers this utility. PhotoRec is a tool that can be used to recover deleted photos from SD cards and hard drives.
- Interactive and intuitive interface
- PhotoRec can recover files even when the hard drive has been severely damaged
- You can search for many file formats.
3. Redo Backup and Recovery
You can use this utility as a regular utility, or as a bootable USB/CD that you can insert into any device to recover data. This utility has the advantage of being platform-independent, allowing you to restore data for almost any operating system, including Linux.
- Even if the recovery is not running, pre-installed applications such as the browser and text editor are still available.
- While recovery operations are ongoing, it can also access other applications.
- To extract as much data as possible perform low-level IO operations
- Data errors can be fixed on DVDs, CDs, and Floppy drives
4. R Undelete
This is the best Linux data recovery tool. There are two versions of this tool: premium and free. However, for personal use, it is completely free. IntelligentScan technology is used to recover data that has been severely damaged.
- Recovery of MBR and GPT
- Recovery of boot sectors from major file systems
- Files on FAT, NTFS, and Ext can be recovered
5. Mondo Rescue
Mondo Rescue is another command-line utility that’s great for working with multiple file types. This utility is used to back up, restore, and recover data from any type of storage device or tape drive for many decades.
- Backup and restore between RAID- and non-RAID devices
- Partition management – Resizing, partitioning, formatting, etc.
- Backup and restore between Linux devices and Windows devices, including the MBR
- Verify data integrity.
This command-line tool is similar to many others on the list. It is accessible from the package repositories of most Linux distributions.
- Recursively deleted filesystems can be recovered
- Find and recover files accidentally deleted
- Rectify the first sectors of a hard drive that were accidentally overwritten
Command-line utilities are still our preferred method of communication. This utility was created by GNU. It is free and open-source, just like the other GNU utilities.
- Created to be fully automatic
- Data can be saved very quickly (only the required blocks are read).
- Auto-merge data
- Highlights bad sectors automatically on a hard drive
- Backup-Recovery can be resumed
Safecopy is a hard drive recovery Linux tool that enables users to recover data from corrupted or formatted hard drives. It is one of the most reliable and efficient recovery software programs available, and it can restore data from all types of hard drives, including RAID, NAS, and USB drives.
The program is designed to be user-friendly, with an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to retrieve lost data. It also provides advanced features such as the ability to pause and resume scans, making it easier for users to recover data quickly.
Additionally, SafeCopy supports a wide range of file systems, including NTFS, FAT, and EXT4, as well as a variety of storage media, such as floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs. In short, SafeCopy is an effective and reliable hard drive recovery Linux tool that makes it easy to recover lost data quickly and safely.
- Supports a wide range of file systems, including NTFS, FAT, and EXT4
- Supports a variety of storage media, such as floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs
- User-friendly with an intuitive user interface
- Ability to pause and resume scans
- Recover data from corrupted or formatted hard drives
9. Ultimate BootCD
The Ultimate boot CD is similar to the SystemRescue CD. It contains a variety of diagnostic tools. It doesn’t stop there. You’ll see “Parted Magic” as well as “UBCD FreeDOS” in the screenshot. It’s true.
These two operating systems can also be downloaded on the CD. You can boot live from this menu to resolve any issues with Linux or Windows. You can find the complete list of utilities and tools contained on this CD on the website. Here is a selection of some of these tools.
- Login Recovery
- Disk partition tools
- CMOS Cleaner
- Tester for System Stability
- Recovery of MBR and GRUB
Hard drive recovery with Linux Knoppix is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for recovering data on a damaged hard drive. Knoppix is a Linux-based operating system that is available for free download and can be used to recover data from a damaged hard drive.
It can be used to mount the hard drive, copy data from it, and even repair damaged sectors. Knoppix is an ideal tool for hard drive recovery due to its flexibility and wide range of features.
- GNU/Linux software
- Automatic hardware detection
- Support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices, and other peripherals
- Can be used as an educational disc, rescue system, or a Linux demo disk
Also Read: 10 Best Craigslist Apps for Android and iOS
Hard drive recovery Linux tools are powerful and reliable tools for recovering lost data from hard drives. It is easy to use and can be used to recover data from both Windows and Linux systems.
It is also compatible with different types of storage media, including external hard drives, USB drives, and even RAID arrays.
This makes it an ideal solution for those who have lost important files due to hard drive failure. With its powerful features and hard drive recovery, Linux can help you retrieve lost data quickly and effectively.